Monday, June 27, 2005

Patch Work

Been a hectic couple of weeks - family has all been down with the flu.... no car time ( walking dead might be a better descriptor) anyways - welded in some the right hand side patch panel in the boot well and completed the wheel tub - needs a bit of trimming and a good skim of filler but its in - amazing how much that tightens up the unibody.... some small patches to finish on that side and then repeat on the left... take a full day for me to do a side.
 
Just bought a new house - so the car will hibernate for a while (about 6 weeks I am betting) then another three days of  work should see the shell ready for its new roll cage......
 
I have decided against a steering quickener at this stage - the jury was out on whether it would add to the package so I will do some empirical testing and try the std setup first - with  the 12inch wheel I have it should be okay.
 
later
 
w
 
 
 

No comments: