Monday, June 19, 2006

throttled

so what do you do when your budget temporarily goes on a sabbatical? (also known as a kitchen) - keep doin stuff..... I am too far down this track to back off now....
 
so for this weekends fun I finished the camber plate mounts with some nice AN series bolts.... these are welded to the bottom of the mounts (cringe) I could have left them float but that would have made camber changes a real pain... as previously noted these camber plates are not the optimal in elegant solutions but we shall see - they do buy any additional 25mm or so of lowering by moving the attachment point above the original height of the tower mounts...
 
I also solved the small issue of the throttle pedal for the floor mounted pedal box.... take one uno turbo gear shifter (nice single plane bearing attached) apply a 1.5 meter length of roll cage tube and lean on it....  this gives a nice even curve.... chop the shift lever at the pivot bearing and shorten the free length chop the clevis off the top shifter linkage tube - linish flat and there you have the key component of the throttle pedal.... not as light is optimal but it was free!
 
next week - finish the throttle pedal with cable bell crank and base mount
 
I will also update the photos.... really
 
still following up on the blasted flares
 
later
 
w

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICE WORK, DO YOU NOT GET LOW SOMTIME'S , I KNOW I DID, SO MUCH WORK. IS IT FIAT ENGINE AND BOX YOUR USING,I USED A 1300 BORED OUT, TURN IT INTO FULL RACE WHICH I USE FOR RALLYING,DONNIE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,