Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rear Hangers

The one item that came close to failing on the 13th of March were the rear arm hangers.... I made them in a hurry out of some 5/8" free machining hex stock ages ago - predictably they were a little on the frail side... they were never meant to be a long term item and the replacements were designed already - it took about three hours to have a new stronger (over designed) solution ready to be welded and bolted on...

the new and old are seen below clearly showing the "almost disaster" bend in the weedy looking bars and the "we wont be bending this - we hope" replacement units



3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hello warwick

Do you have maybee more pictures of rear arms that you made? Or maybee drawings? I also made Fiat 128 for race and I have mayn ideas about this arms but that what you did it is awesome and strong.

greating from Croatia

warwick said...

Hi Andrea - send me your email address an I will see if if can sort out some information for you.

warwick

Unknown said...

Hello

Thanks for answering on my comment, my email is yugopula@net.hr

I for now made hangers of rear arms like you did.

Greating from Croatia