Monday, September 12, 2005

Bogged

Another five hours on a beautiful day and the back end looks like its part of the 128 again - ground back the wheel tubs flush with the side panels - resulting in a lot of popped tack welds - finish welded the resulting gaps - and the welder is running really well - even I was impressed with the results... hit the welds inside the wheel tubs with the flap wheel (I love this things... expensive but they last forever) and applied some very sticky polyurethane gap sealant...... and lastly did the the bog thing - some nice newtech aluminium filled stuff to start with - which I will go over next week with the standard issue pink putty....
 
I couldn't bear the thought of the car going into some one else's workshop for the cage work looking like a stockcar refugee
 
There is always more work to do - found some very interesting rust in the front valance - both left and right corners which back on to the front cross member i.e. exactly where the front pickups are sighted (its a natural water collection point)  - after considering this for a while I have decided to let in a patch panel to assist the rigidity of these points a little and to to at least let the car look somewhat solid
 
The "spare" 128 arrived in my drive way this week - after sitting around at the local transport yard for a few months (unde a tarp) along with the rolling (just) shell was supposed to be a 1500 'short block' - what I got was a block - crank and pistons - nothing else - my definition of a short block is obviously different to that of my vendor.... still you get that when you don't apply the "bull shite" filter to deals.... I wont be taken for a ride again!
 
comments section is now open for use - go for it!
 
Later
w
 

No comments: